Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Earth Burger on Wheat Pita Bento

This is another night class bento. I packed an earthburger using homemade wheat pita bread and monterey jack cheese. Off to the side I packed cherry tomatoes and half of an avocado rubbed with lemon and sprinkled with kosher salt and cracked black pepper.

In a previous entry I made these pitas using the white flour master recipe from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking. This time I used the recipe from their new book Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day: 100 New Recipes Featuring Whole Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, and Gluten-Free Ingredients . I prefer this recipe for pita over the other one. The dough was so much easier to work with when rolling out the pitas. Here is a great video the authors posted on You Tube explaining visually how to make the dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment