Friday, June 11, 2010

Spicy Thai Tuna Box

Bumble Bee Spicy Thai Tuna Box


Packed this box for my husband. I had a coupon for Bumble Bee Tuna Sensations so I figured I'd try the Spicy Thai Tuna flavor. He said it was pretty good but reported that the tuna was a little sweet for his taste. I packed this with some homemade grilled rice balls (onigiri), lime wedge, garlic chili paste (in the green tub), steamed broccoli and tomato salad, almonds and golden raisins, and grapefruit slices. I used to buy already made onigiri from a nearby Japanese grocery store called Minano, but then I learned how easy they are to make ahead and freeze following this tutorial by Biggie: Making and freezing yaki onigiri, onigiri. What a time saver! I don't think I will buy this flavor tuna again. I'd rather make my own by mixing regular tuna (from a pouch is better because it's already drained) with fresh lime juice and garlic chili paste. Yum!








No comments:

Post a Comment